Before your departure to Turkey:
Students should check their visa requirements based on different citizenship through the following website.
If you need to get Visa to enter Turkey, you can apply for it with your Official Acceptance Letter which states that you will be our student here in Turkey.
After your arrival in Turkey:
In order to stay in Turkey for more than 90 days, you need to apply for the Residence Permit.
Within one month of your arrival, you have to apply for your residence permit ONLINE.
You can make your appointment at this link upon your arrival in İstanbul;
https://e-ikamet.goc.gov.tr/ Use the Turkish Language version only, the English Language version will crash.
Once you finish doing your application, please send the application form to (email@example.com) with the email subject as “StudentNumber_YourApplicationType (Initial/Extension/Transfer)”
Below you may find all the requirements to obtain a Student Residence Permit:
- Your current valid Residence Permit (only for Renewal/Transfer Applications)
- Passport photocopies (Main Pages + Last Entrance Page)
- Student Certificate in Turkish (can be obtained from the SAP / e-Devlet)
- Health Insurance
- 4 Passport-Sized Photographs
- Receipt of the Application Form (instructions are written in the guide below)
- Consent Letter + Birth Certificate (Only for the students under 18 – Translated & Notarized)
Consent Letter and Birth Certificates are not required if you have a student visa or your parents have a Residence Permit. You should provide these documents instead.